Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Thank you THANK YOU

I do everly so appreciate everyone who has taken their special time to vote for my blog. Voting goes on until about 3:00PM PDT on Friday and then a winner will be announced. I'm so excited and a little nervous. I mean, this is a BIG thing to someone of my size and with my limited life experience. OHhhhhhhhh....when I get nervous, I raid wastebaskets. No one was safe from me today. I got tattled on so many times but really, I was happy with shredding a PayDay protein bar wrapper until it was snatched right out of my paws. Phone messages, computer tracks, you name it and I swiped it. Ahhhhhh, shredding. It's such a stress reliever.

I just keep thinking about my really great life, and how lucky I am to have so many experiences that most dogs only dream about. Some day, I just know I'll even go on an airplane with my mom. That's one of the reasons she was so insistant on my learning to get used to piddle pads. My sweet Aunt Rose Anne once held it for 14 hours and I don't think I'd want to do that. But she was flying from Los Angeles to Minneapolis and just didn't want to do anything "rude". So she waited until we got into some rural town with a Burger King in minus 8 degree weather. Brrrrr. I get the shakes just thinking about it. Yup. Piddle Pads for THIS puppy.

Anyway...just thought I'd check in and tell you I've been busy campaigning. It's exhausting, I tell YOUUU! Really, it is. But I've waged a clean campaign, and have the utmost respect for my worthy opponent. One of my Yorkie girlfriends in Alaska even said she thought maybe "Turbo" was hitting on me, but I doubt it. I'm kinda NOT his type? I mean, for one thing....six versus what....80 pounds? I don't THEEEENK so. Maybe his "wooo oooo oooo hoooo" meant something complimentary?

Thanks again for all your support. Another big day tomorrow. Places to go, people to see, papers to serve. I have it all. :o)

Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

A "woooo" is never an insult.

Say, Mary-Margaret. If you're ever in the neighborhood, you can come and swim in my pool. And we have a lot of things to smell, too.

BTW, I weigh 45 pounds.

Tubey

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Gosh, Mr. Turbo...er...Tubey? It's ok for me to call you "Tubey"? Well, if you're ok with it, who am I to argue! I'd love to come swim in your pool. Thank you for the invitation. Mom says to ask you if that line ever worked for you before? What is she talking about?

Anyway....um...(ahem...coff coff)..."Wooooooo...ooo!" back atcha. Whew. There. I did it. I'm used to just "Woo hoo" in Yorkie language. Did I sound big? Did I? Did I??

Oh, I'm SOOOO nervous. Got butterflies in my tummy. Been chewing on computer cables already this morning, and was just about to swallow a dried gazania blossom when it was plucked from my mouth.

Aaaarrgh. Well, hope you're holding up well. Of course you are. Huskies are tough guys...standing tall. Big wavy tails. I wish I had a tail like yours. Mom says I'm talking too much again. I tend to do that when I get nervous.

I'm going to post this to your blog, too! Just in case you don't get back to see my response.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I responded also in my blog with different words. Thanks for stopping by. Wooooo! I'll be glad when this is over. We're both winners!

Tubey (yes you can call me that)