Monday, June 26, 2006

A first for me - the GROCERY STORE

It was too hot to leave me in the car. I would have been poached in a matter of minutes. So Mom got out my new front carrier and it was sooooo cool. We walked right in, got a basket and did our shopping. People would glance over at us and only a few kids would say "Oh, LOOK AT THE REAL PUPPY!". I also got compliments on my "neon puppy" front carrier and my hat.

I was really still, just sitting there in my carrier with my hat on. One lady at the check stand was pretty startled when I winked at her. She sucked in her breath, and then told Mom that she thought, at first, I was a purse. (rolling eyes) THEN, she said she thought I was a stuffed doggie until I winked at her. I was that still, I tell you. I just love to surprise folks.

Then I made a bunch of new friends. Mom confirmed that I could go inside a grocery store if I were an assistance dog. Mom told her I was a therapy dog because I helped lower her blood pressure and to relax. So the people in the store said that was fine. So I want to know - Is there someplace I get an "Therapy Dog ID" card or something? Like....could this be a real profession for me? Maybe even have business cards made up? This is like SOOO much fun.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

PS - Grocery stores are way cool. Now I know where my chicken comes from. :o)

Sincerely yours,

Mary-Margaret O'Brien
Official Emotional Therapy Assistant

1 comment:

Fargo said...

Hi. Turbo's friend Fargo here. Yes, you can become a certified therapy dog. Our Human used to work at a nursing home and she wanted to get me certified to work with her. I got my Canine Good Citizen certificate, but I blew the Therapy Dog Int'l certificate. The tester threw a treat on the floor & I grabbed it!