Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm a Little Scrapper if I have to be

Here's me, happy as a clam, just minding my own business and playing on the "playground". Three new kids to show around today - Toby (see below), Cash, and Sasha the lab/boxer/? mix. Sasha and Baxter played together a lot today. I like it when my students get along well.

And here's me after Pepper kept trying to grab me around the waist and ...well, you know....and I finally just HAD it. I'd already had a bad day (Mom left me for two whole hours while she had her hair cut and I was fit to be tied. Didn't stop crying the whole time), and then this thing with Pepper. So, remembering wise old master's words to Little Grasshopper, I showed him a thing about martial arts. In a lady-like way, of course. There's Bailie the Beagle and Java the Sheltie cheering me on. Java said something about "Million Dollar Baby" but I have no idea what he was talking about. I think he had some biscuits riding on the outcome, though.

Anyway, then after that, Reese the Cairn Terrier, got on my nerves. She's the one who chomped my tail a couple of weeks ago and would NOT let go. So I flipped her, and when she bit me I handled it very well, I think. I pushed her back against the cement and held her down with my two front paws, and really told her off. I swear, I didn't even try to bite her although the temptation was there. I just yelled at her, and then Miss Almandine picked ME up and said "Mary-Margaret!!". Gosh..like she thought it was my fault.

After that, I went over to my mom, which I never do, and asked her to pick me up and just let me sit in her lap until class was over. My feelings were really hurt. Me? Be mean to someone? I mean, absolutely never ever in a million years. I guess they figured it out later, though. Reese got into it with Cash, the Old English Bulldog (real name is Cash Folsom Fulton, isn't that cool?) and she could have been hurt. Well, that's not MY problem. She'll learn from someone else, not from me.

I don't do well with hurt feelings, but "tomorrow is another day".

Big day tomorrow. I get to go to Country Kennels to get my hair cut. Oh, I forgot to mention that Mom's is really short now. She was going for a particular look and I think maybe it didn't come out the way she'd hoped. Sonia giggled and said that Mom and I have matching haircuts now. I think I'll keep mine long, just to be different.

G'night all.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: