Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Responsibilities as a Mentor

This is one of my new students. His name is "Fidel" and he's a 4-month old chihuahua. Today he stayed pretty close to his "blankie" until almost the end, and then he ventured out for a while. Next time he'll do better, I'm sure.
Here's me breaking up another squabble. This time between Dolly the Oripei, and Reese, the little Cairn terrier. She's so funny. She hoards the toys and stockpiles them just behind the little tree. She's got a mouth on her that could get her into trouble. I'm having a stern talk with her and she is listening to what I have to say.
Here's Dolly the Oripei and Baxter the Brittany Spaniel. They play pretty nicely together. Sometimes Dolly can get a little rough, but usually I can settle her down. Today, though, Miss Almandine had to give her a time out. You could tell Dolly saw that coming. She just laid down and let Miss Almandine hold her. She doesn't even struggle anymore and she lets the kids come and sniff her or kiss her. She knows how to get through a time out better than most of the pups.

OK...that's it for now. G'night everybody.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job mentoring! I tend to mix it up instead of break it up, but I'm learning. :)

Cal

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hi Mary Margaret,

We have been trying to send you your award via email but it keeps bouncing back in error. Do you have another email address we can send it to?

Thanks

Charlie from dogswithblogs.com.au