Monday, June 12, 2006

My paw-di-cure!!

Mom took me to Miss Kathleen's place again - "Bellissimo" - where she gets her nails done every four weeks. I used to talk a lot when I was a baby, but now that I'm a MUCH more mature pup, I just make myself comfy on Mom's chest while she gets her pedicure. The best part is when Miss Kathleen puts the lotion on Mom's feet and legs? Well, she puts lotion on my hands, feet AND tummy. LOL. It tickles, but I smell nice, and it feels oh-so-goooooood.

Oh...and speaking about smells? Mom was ready to drop me into the foot bath, I think. Well, darn. I couldn't help it. REALLY, I couldn't. I tried everly so hard to, but it was either "release" or "explode". Unfortunately, when I'm relaxing on Mom's chest, my tail end is right under her nose. I'm really sorry. I'll say it again. I AM SORRY! OK?? There. Now let that be the END of it (pardon the pun).

Then I had a short walk with Miss Kathleen. I had the greatest time hopping through the grass. What I want to know is this: What is a foxtail? And why did I have so many of these stickers in my fur? Mom and Miss Kathleen spent the next 20 minutes pulling them off me. Like, what's the big deal? I read the blog of my pal Bogart today and I guess he had one get into his paw and it got all infected and he had stitches and stuff. It was just GRASS to me. I didn't know it was booby-trapped.

Last thing. Mom got so embarrassed on the way home. Again...I take responsibility. It's just that I don't LIKE it when she stops for red lights. So I'm telling her, rather loudly, to please GO! And she's pointing to the signal and saying, "Mary-Margaret. It's RED! We can't go on a RED light! See? Red! Red!". And then she looked over and saw that the lady in the car next to us was really cracking up. So the lady rolled down her window and Mom tried to explain, and the lady kept laughing harder. The lights turned green about then and Mom made the left-hand turn all scrunched down in the seat like maybe no one would recognize her. Sheesh!!

OK. Well, that is pretty much how my day went. I was able to sneak a lemon Luna bar from Mom's purse but Sonia tattled on me, as usual, and grabbed it away from me just about the time I made a hole in the wrapper. There's always tomorrow, though.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: