Monday, June 19, 2006

Post-Party Depression

Don't worry. It's not something Tom Cruise would be interested in. The only drug I take is Sentinel tabs and that's just once a month. OK. There you have it. No, it's like this. All the hype, the adrenilin, the excitement. Then THE FINAL WIN...and then....well, that's the thing. Competition is so addictive. I want MORE MORE MORE. (sigh)

Hard to get back on track again. I swear, I can't even sit in traffic without complaining. I must be doing it a lot, because Mom keeps growling at me, saying "What am I supposed to do, Mary-Margaret!! The cars aren't MOVING!". Well, If I had MY way, they'd all scootch over to the side of the road and let us THROUGH.

I might have pushed a bit too much today. I shredded Mom's paper napkin from lunch, and did something I absolutely NEVER do. I actually begged. Me. Begging. I know, I know....it's so unlike me, but she had a Gobbleberry sandwich on Squaw bread. For those of you outside the "kewl" circle, that's sliced turkey breast with cranberry on squaw bread, with lettuce. It smelled divine, but I am not allowed to infringe on my mother's lunch hour. (mimicking) "Go eat your kibbles, Mary-Margaret!!". (ugh!) Honestly, if you had to choose between kibbles and a Gobbleberry, what would you do?

So we went four wheeling again in those back hills. And I complained. We went to the bank and I complained. We went to the office - I complained. I tell you, I'm starting to annoy myself even. I just need to wind down.

Well, perhaps tomorrow we'll get back to normal. If not, maybe my trip to my day spa on Friday will help relax me. Mom and I have both decided to get our hair cut short for summer. Mom want's all one length all over on her and on me. Easier to take care of and, if we hate it, it will grow out again. I think we both decided on bangs again, too. I'm tired of not being able to see. It's hard for people to tell which end is which these days.

Mom had a good point. She suggested that maybe I was worried about my friend, Opy. She said sometimes when we have something on our minds we tend to "act" out. Maybe that's what it is. It's after 9:00PM here, so it's probably Tuesday in Sydney. I hope and pray that Opy is ok. I want so much to hear good news from Greg and Brooke. I hope they tell us soon, good news or not good news. Friends are to give you support and just love and accept you without having to talk about it. I'm sending telepathic hugs to their family right now. I hope they can feel them

G'night all.

Love, Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

M-M,

If you haven't checked Opy's site yet, Brooke left a message saying Opy came through the surgery and should come home tomorrow. They got all of it and sent it to the lab for testing. Now we just need to get those tests to come out ok!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy