Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Grandma Jean in Missouri

(sigh) My mom...sometimes I don't know what to DO with her. I'm curled up in my office bed, having my afternoon nap, and all of a sudden I hear mom saying something about being so tickled to find my extended family. My fur mom's "mom", Jean from Elkland, Missouri, was chatting up a storm with my mom, who is equally chatty. So you KNOW my ears were burning.

My "Grandma Jean" said that she would send my mom pictures of my fur parents who she referred to as "Gus" and "Molly". And she also said I have some new little brothers back in Missouri. That probably wasn't a good idea to tell Mom that, because now she has this scary gleam in her eye. I keep trying to say "Mom...Missouri is a LONG way from Temecula. REALLY IT IS!!!!".

I heard a human term for a situation like this. Seems to fit, so I'll sign off with it.

"Oy vey!!"

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

No comments: