Thursday, June 22, 2006

Grown-ups Make Me Crazy

OK. You probably know that "Hide 'n' Seek" is my favorite game. I patiently waited for my Aunt Vicki to show up with her friend, Simone. I went OUT in the back yard and raced around so they could see how fast I was. Always, after I do my racing, Mom goes into the house and fixes my dinner. Tonight, she goes in the house and gets..(gasp)..the CAMERA. I absolutely put my foot down..er...PAW down, and refused to go back outdoors. See? I'm hiding behind the leather chair.
So here's my Aunt Vicki coming to "get" me. I'm doing my part in this game or, at least, I think I am. I'm hiding. Well? Good gosh, look at her. You'd hide, too, if it was suppertime and you were hungry and HUMANS kept wanting to play. Finally, I gave up and went upstairs and even mom couldn't get me down again. I think I won the game. though. Mom fixed my dinner, called "good bye" to me, and the she left with Vicki and Simone. I had a peaceful dinner without being expected to entertain anyone, and when Mom came back alone, things were as they should be.

Aunt Vicki told Mom she thought I was mad at her. That's silly. I love my Aunt Vicki. She's the one that sent me that pink sweatband for when I play tennis? Except it turned out to be a collar? Which was fine, because I'm lousy at tennis anyway. And she sent me that silver collar that was really a bracelet for Mom? If she's reading this, I have something to say: Come back and I promise I'll play hide and seek all you want. Really, I will. Just as long as it's not at suppertime.

Love, Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, great. You couldn't have one with my mom's mouth closed, I suppose. She does close it once in a while, you know.

Mom's still convinced that MM hates her now. When mom arrived MM was so excited to see her that she....ummmm...dampened my mom's blouse. Whe mom left after playing "chase" with MM she was hiding, and wouldn't even say goodbye. Mom can be a bit much, it's true, but she's really not dangerous, Mary, Margaret. While I'm sure she'd love to scoop you up and bring you home to live with us, she'd never, ever do that to your mom, they're such good friends. Besides, my mom helps RESCUE kidnapped kids, she'd NEVER kidnap one herself.

Sparky (couldn't get my sign in to work)