Saturday, May 06, 2006

Red and Green Lights

Mom is trying to teach me the difference. See, every time she stops the car I start talking to her and I get really impatient. So then, finally, the other day she says "Mary-Margaret. I can't move on a red light!". Huh? Red light? Like I'm supposed to know that? Then she says "OK, Mary-Margaret. See the green light? We can go now." Humans. They drive me nutsy. And you wonder why I like it at Puppy School so very much? And I hate to go home?

Oh, yes. About Puppy School. I just do NOT like the community water bowls unless I'm absolutely desperate. So Mom brings in a water bottle - I think it's Arrowhead spring water - and it has a little thing on the top that can open and close up the bottle. Anyway, when I'm thirsty I go over to Mom and she pops it open and puts it on it's side so I can get a drink. The other kids think it's pretty neat, especially Riley. But Mom says it's just for family, which means me and her. She always wipes the top clean after I use it, like maybe she doesn't want my cooties? (I learned that word from one of the kids at Puppy School)

The very best time is about the time to go home. Then it's just me and one or two others and we absolutely positively have a BLAST. We race all over and wrestle and play tug 'o war and stuff. I don't really let my hair down (literally) until most of the kids have gone. Mom even takes my hair clips out so I can get some serious play in.

Time for dinner. I'll catch ya later. Oh, FYI, I need to watch my figure. I'm up to SIX pounds, Miss Letty says. Mom likes me just the way I am but I think I'm too square. I want a waistline again.

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

No comments: