Saturday, May 06, 2006

One out of three isn't bad...

...For a beginner, anyway. Today...oh, the NERVE of them...THREE cats came into MY back yard. I started barking and two of them just glanced at me. I was stuck there behind the glass on the sliding door, and they kept on walking as if I were a nobody. That hurt. Like, I tell YOUUU...I was so mad, and they were SOOO disrespectful to ME and to MY backyard. But...hee hee...the last cat to cross over absolutely froze when it saw me. I mean it still had one paw in the air and it was staring at me and didn't move even a MUSCLE for the longest time.

Well, naturally, I just kept on barking, and it kept ever so still. I just KNOW I really scared it. Me....! Mary-Margaret O'Brien. I scared a cat! Anyway, I guess the other cats told it to come on, that I was nothing to worry about, but when it started to move I barked some more and it turned around. And it scrunched up really REALLY close to the fence and went all the way to the back, and THEN it hopped up on the wall and walked on the outside of the wrought iron bars.

As soon as it was gone, Mom said "OK, Mary-Margaret! GOOD JOB! It's GONE!", so I quit barking and let myself be patted on the head. I AM a good watchdog, you know. Maybe next time I can scare TWO cats. Maybe.

Had to tell you before I forgot.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: