Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Baby talk!

I don't believe it. Someone tell me, please? What is it about small, six pound dogs that brings out the crazy in people? Here I am, being very professional, trying to help Mom and Sonia get the work done and the billing out. In walks a client and I trot out to greet her. Not unusual, because that's my job, you know? Next thing I hear is "Oooooh. Izzy dust da kewtest liddle ting everrrrr? Izzy iddle biddy puppy-kins"?

Er....Hello, My name is Mary-Margaret O'Brien. May I help you? Admittedly, it sounded a bit different but the thought was there.

"Awwwww....ummmm....PEEEEK-a BOOOO!", and I decided to let Mom handle this one. Oh my goodness. After a bit, though, I admit I did kind of warm up to her. First off, she had on really neat shoes. Very tasty. Secondly, it was kind of fun to play this peek-a-boo thing, especially when it was my turn and I got to peek from under the desk or around the side of the desk. We ended up sharing a good laugh before she left.

Oh....and I think I'm an Auntie. Not certain of the exact relationship, but my Auntie C has become a new mother again. This time, to a 2-3 week old baby kitten she found the the parking lot and has named "Augustus Caesar". She say's he's called "Gus" for short. This should be interesting as I'm no longer the baby in the family. Perhaps, with my help and under my tutelage, this cat will have manners. Yes, I think there will be at least ONE polite cat in the world when I'm finished with Gus.

Must go catch up on my sleep now. It's been a long weekend.

G'night and God bless us one and all...

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary-Margaret,

I tried to leave you a comment yesterday, but the website wouldn't allow me to.

I know what you mean about the baby talk. It can get quite annoying at times, it makes the grown-ups seem like THEY are 2 years old, don't you think? Like they are regressing to their childhood or something!

I was SO excited yesterday, that we finally got to 'meet' your Mom. To be honest with you, I was beginning to wonder if she was just a figment of your imagination. I didn't want to say anything however, because I know how camera shy some people are, which obviously doesn't apply to YOU! Anyway, your Mom looks just as warm and friendly as I knew she would, it's a great picture of her. Maybe you could convince her, now that she has finally taken the plunge, to have someone take a photo of you and her together to post on your blog. I think that would be great.

I've decided that my favorite photo of you is the 'Like the Wind' picture. I asked Mum to save it to her favorites for me. I think it's definitely one of those 'a picture is worth a thousand words.' It seems to illustrate your personality perfectly. I love it.

I hope you have a good day. Good luck with Gus.

Love,
Sarabi

P.S. Yaaaa....the sun is finally shining!!!!!