Monday, May 08, 2006

First off, Mom sets the alarm....

.....for 6:00AM. She gets weird when she has to get up early and has trouble sleeping, which makes for a rocky night for me. She flops around like a fish in a frying pan and I swear there isn't one safe place on the bed for me. So I just crawl up to the tippy-top of the pillows and hope to stay out of her way.

We got to work about 11:30 or so. Mom didn't have to testify so she read her book instead while she sat outside the courtroom. She was really into it - "The DaVinci Code" - and she finally finished it tonight. I can't read so doesn't matter one way or the other to me, except she always pays more attention to me when she's NOT reading. When she IS reading, I just curl up on her lap and get scritched behind my ears.

We did lessons tonight. I've gotten out of the habit of doing lessons, so it's good we're practicing. She's using the Egg & Cheese Charlee Bears as a reward. I really like those, too. So I'm "sitting" and "staying" and "waiting". Also, I sort of feel like being a good dog today after my little tiff with Mom yesterday over a itsy-bitsy little puddle on the carpet? You'd think her world had come to an end. I got swatted pretty good, and it hurt my feelings, too. I think I'd better be nice to her for a while.

We picked up our car at the body shop and they hadn't really washed it all that well. So it was a nice, sunny day and there was water in the gutter, and I was on the end of a leash that just HAPPENED to reach as far as the gutter. I had the absolutely BEST time wading in the water, and then making little footprints, and then wading some more. So many fun things to do, so little time to do them.

We need to go to bed early tonight so Mom and me can catch up on our sleep from last night.

G'night all.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: