Thursday, May 11, 2006

Over the River and through the Woods...


....to Grandmother's house we go! Except, in our case, it's about 100 miles of freeway. On the way there, I was sightseeing. On the way home, I napped. Let me tell you about my day.

First off, I was really excited about seeing my Grandma and GrandPaPa. I kept asking, "Are we THERE yet?", all the way to Santa Monica. Oh BOY! They come downstairs and meet me right at the door. Then we drive into a parking garage and Mom and me get out to use the restroom. I am NOT going to use that baby piddle pad in a strange restroom. I want to see my GRANDMA!!!! So we get back into the car and go out to lunch to the "Fish House". Except there's one little thing missing from that gathering. MEEEEE! And where am I? Why, in the CAR...in my CARSEAT...watching all the people go by and not getting one bite of lunch.

After maybe 2 hours they come out and I have to visit "the powder room" on some landscaping pebbles. We go back to Grandma's. Finally, I think. Whooopeee!! Just like I see on TV where I get lots of hugs and kisses. Instead, what do I get? A concierge at a desk in the lobby who curls his lip at me and says "And how long will you be staying?". Like it's his business, and I don't say anything and Mom ignores him. But Grandma (yayy!) says "Excuse me?". So he says "We don't allow DOGS in this building". Like already my day hadn't gone downhill and he had to say that in FRONT of me. GrandPaPa and Grandma stuck up for me, reminding him that there are other dogs who even LIVE here, while Mom covered my ears and we rode up the elevator to their apartment.

I get put down on the floor and start checking out the place. Even under their microwave cart. I find a few crumbs here and there and do my best to help Grandma clean. Mmmm...and not bad, either. I hear they're called "Fritos". Yum. So then I start feeling my oats and race around, maybe dance a little. And then it's time to go home. I wish I'd had more cuddle time with Grandma and GrandPaPa, but maybe next time.

I'd probably get to see them a lot more if we lived closer, I think. I really like them. I even kissed them goodbye and got kissed back, too!

Love,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: