Thursday, May 18, 2006

Miss Cathleen put lotion....

...on MY hands today. And she even gently massaged it into my little paw pads, too. Ohhhhh, it smells so good, and it doesn't taste bad either. I feel like such a "lady". Mom gets her nails done every four weeks. She says it used to be a relaxing quiet time for her until I came along. She actually thought that she might get Sonia to "babysit" today, but there was just too much to do, so I got to ride along. I always stay in my car seat and I'm so very good about it, too. Usually, I talk a lot, but today I did just a little. I'm getting older and more mature, you know.

I was talking to Mom and Cathleen while Mom was getting her pedicure and I guess I finally said something that sounded like "wah wah", so Miss Cathleen got me a huge bowl of water and I tell YOUUUUU...I just about drank the whole thing. Of course, that meant I needed a walking about a 1/2 hour later and Miss Cathleen, who is everly so nice to me, took me for a really nice one. She lets me smell stuff that Mom rushes me by. I do very much like to take my time sniffing, and enjoy every minute of it when I'm so lucky to do it.

We're there about an hour and a half, and then Miss Cathleen picks me up, car seat and all, and buckles me back into our car when it's time to leave. I don't like to brag, but I was very VERY good all day long. As a reward, Mom took me to puppy school and I got to see all my friends.

Jake, who is getting absolutely huge, gets his "little surgery" tomorrow, so I probably won't see him for a while. Peaches, Java, Mia, Lily, Bentley and some new kids were there. I tried to take care of the little ones - Bailie (a little Beagle) and ..oh gosh, I'm getting as bad as Mom....another little Beagle. Also, Little Bear was in a funk, so I played with him too. He got his feelings hurt earlier and wouldn't come out from under the chairs.

I absolutely HAVE to tell you. I really like drinking out of water bottles. Tonight, we were sitting on the big leather chair and I sat up straight and grabbed Mom's bottle with my "hands" and tried to drink. She laughed at my efforts, and then held it for me. I don't know why it tastes ever so much better from a bottle, but it really does. Honest!

OK...that's it for today. Sorry, Grandma, sometimes it's just like that and nothing happens that is terribly newsworthy. Mom is getting a bit tougher on me. She says that I have to have consquences if I disobey her. Roughly translated, that means either a swat on the behind or being relegated to my bed for a time-out. She says "No more Mrs. Nice Guy", whatever that's supposed to mean. I think it has something to do with me flipping my water bowl and scattering my kibbles all over the floor every day no matter what, and I think maybe she's tired of picking up after me. She's also not to happy that I can open her closet door and pull her underwear out of the laundry pile.

G'night, everybody!!

Mary-Margaret

No comments: