Saturday, May 27, 2006

Common Sense 101

First thing you need to know is NOT to eat something you find in the freezer if you can't remember when you put it there.

Mom sure learns stuff the hard way. I mean, it's not as if she doesn't say to me all the time "No, Mary-Margaret. Dried earthworms are NOT snack food", and stuff like that. So she finds this yummy looking canneloni thingy and doesn't remember putting it there and fires it up with the microwave anyway. Not two hours later, she's looking a bit green and excusing herself from my Puppy Class a few times.

I was getting worried about her so I hung around outside the door waiting for her to come out. Then I didn't leave her side until we got home. She's still feeling a bit "punk", so I'm being everly so thoughtful and staying out of her way.

Samantha, the black lab, came back to puppy class and I had to have a very serious heart-to-heart with her. She's just GOT to realize she's about 10 times my size and when she comes galooping over to me, I'm going to duck and flatten myself on the concrete. Also, Dolly and I had a bit of a tiff, but nothing serious. She's just a baby and I have to remind her how to play nice. Poor Pepper wants his mom when the big guys start their woofing. He huddles into her blouse until the class settles down, and then he comes to play with me. I really get along well with Pepper and Java. Java mostly played with the bigger kids, though. Java gets along well with everyone, too.

Oh..I have to go look after my mom again. See you later.

Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary Margaret

I hope your Mom is feeling better this morning. My Mum says food poisoning is supposed to be really TERRIBLE. I'm glad I've never had it!

Mum and Dad had a great time downtown last night and I'm happy to report that Daniel was very well behaved. In fact, he even dropped Mum and Dad off at the train station and picked them up later which Dad said was nice because he could have a couple of drinks then and not worry about having to drive. Mum can't drive at all because of her epilepsy. Daniel is back behind the wheel - so keep off the streets!! I'm just teasing. He has been so upset about his accident and has said sorry about 1000 times!!! Dad told him it was important for him to drive again and not be afraid - I guess the rest of us will just have to follow along!

Today, we are having a barbecue for some friends and I'm very happy about that because that means everyone will be home.

I hope you have a GREAT day.

Love,
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

I don't think I've had food poisoning either, but I did have a bad reaction to a snail I nibbled on a while back. Took Mom longer to get the spot out of the carpet at work than it did for me to get over it, if you know what I mean.

Mom's feeling ever so much better, thank goodness. Humans can be such a pain when they're not feeling up to snuff, you know??

Love, Mary-Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary-Margaret......
Did your Mom finish with the bank
statements? I'm sure you helped a lot....
Anyway, did your Mom get the ther-mometers (one for the refrig and one for the freezer)? Everyone should have these. They might keep you folks from eating food that might give you your upset stomachs.

I enjoy your updates on your diary. Keep doing things that are interessting.
Love,,, Grandma