Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Scrumdiddleyumptious Day!

*Note from Mary-Margaret's secretary: Getting MM to hold still for a picture is comparable to parting the Red Sea. Since none of the photos are "staged" and she does tend to move rather quickly, some appear blurred. I have a Motorola RAZR cell phone with a camera, and it's not the greatest for high speed usage.)


First off, besides being a generally good day altogether, the pouch gets there and Mom says "Oh, LOOK, Mary-Margaret! It's for YOUUUUUUUU!". Well, I know what THAT means and I go hopping over to the pouch and grab MY envelope from Mom. I don't even want her to help me open it. It takes a bit, but I do rather well, I think.



Oh darn. Inside the big envelope is another small one, and this one says that nobody but MEEE can open it. Mom laughs and goes back to her work. This one is really sealed up tight and it takes a bit of gnawing, but yeee haw....I win!


For MEEEEEEEEE? Oh my goodness, my goodness. It's another squeaky orange plush bone just exactly like the one my Uncle Rudy killed. Auntie Leslie is probably the most thoughtful person one could expect a human to be. I mean, like I have never even personally met her, and she admits to being a cat person, and still we like each other ever so much. Really, we do.


I will have to think of something nice to send her. I don't have much to call my own, and I STILL don't have a piggy bank OR get an allowance. Occasionally I find ten and twenty dollar bills in either Mom's or Sonia's purse when they're not looking, but so far they don't let me keep the money.


Sometimes, it's just nice to play with the wrapping once you get the present out. Like I mean, it's so neat and it has MY name on it. I know in a bit Mom will say something like "Oh, Mary-Margaret! Look at the mess you've made!", and start picking up all my hard work. So I play while I can. My orange bone will NEVER leave my office again. I only take comfort in knowing that my Uncle Rudy enjoyed himself for a bit, thanks to my generosity.

I really have a good time, entertaining myself. I'm being oh so very good, so Mom just stays on and gets her work done too. Except about 7:00PM I've just absolutely HAD IT UP TO MY EARS, so I start "talking" to her. Finally she says "Mary-Margaret, that is SOO rude.", and I have to stop, but it's hard. I am hungry and she's just not getting it. So then I take my leash over to the door and really start making "noise". Actually, I am talking but she still doesn't understand me. At long last, she says "OK, Mary-Margaret. This is the last one.", and she really stops working. Yayy...we get to go home!! Suppertime!!

My tummy is growling so loud I just can't help it. We get downstairs and the handy man says "Oh, wait. I have something for you." Would you believe that he has a whole pocket with the absolutely most yummiest biscuits ever? I am in love. Any man that actually FEEDS me without being asked is a friend of mine. He says he'll have more for me tomorrow. I hope so. :o)

G'night and sweet dreams, everyone.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mum has the same cell phone as your Mom. She just got it about 2 weeks ago. She has MY picture on her home screen which makes me feel pretty special.

I've been really bored the last 2 days because Mum had to help Dad with some 'stuff' at the office and so she's been kind of tired. She's still taking me on those long walks though. I think I must be the fittest dog in Illinois right now.

I hope everything goes well with your Mom's testimony today.

I'll catch up with you later.

Love,
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Dear Sarabi - Mom's curling her lip about that stupid jury trial. They're still selecting a jury. AND....the judge might not allow Mom's testimony, or others that have evidence that would convict this guy. Humans tend to complicate that which appears simple to us pups. If you or I were in this, we'd just bite the guy on the nose and be done with it.

I think I'm pretty lucky to be a pup, don't you??

Love, Mary-Margaret