Wednesday, May 17, 2006

If only Mom would LISTEN to me....

....she wouldn't have these little surprises waiting for her in the work room. People come and go all day long. I tell Mom, in my own special way, I have to go OUT. I dance. I squirm. I hop into the client chair and put my paws on the desk. I try to get someone...ANYONE...who even drops by the office, including door to door salesmen....and you know what? They say "Awww...what a cute puppy. Isn't she friendly"?

Oh come ON. Friendly? I am popping at the seams and NO ONE WILL TAKE ME OUT. About 6:30PM tonight as we were turning off the lights, Mom wrinkles her nose, sniffs a couple of times, and then looks at me. WELL, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?, I ask. I'm maybe 20" tall and can't reach the door knob, let alone the bathroom key. I know she feels bad. She just goes "Tsk, tsk, Mary-Margaret. I suppose it's all my fault". Well, YEAH???

Hmmmph. Maybe tomorrow she'll remember that little people have to go out once in a while, and we are not always just "trying to get attention". Sometimes, we are quite serious about our mission.

Indeed!

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: