Thursday, November 30, 2006

Checking in

All day long..."Good girl, Mary-Margaret!". I must be getting the drill down pretty well. I'm finally getting Mom trained to when I absolutely HAVE to go out. I met some other dog people today. There is this whole other realm in a parallel universe in which dogs wield the power and humans succomb. As they should.

Debbie from across the hall went to a funeral service today and came back really upset. She goes to a lot of funerals and Mom suggested she become more selective about which ones to attend. She's so sweet. She really care about people and wants to say good bye in a way where they will have the warmth and love to take with them on their forever journey.

Death is always sad even if you expect it. I figure I have about 12-13 more years if all goes well. I tell YOUUU....I firmly believe that the quality of life far outweighs the quantity. If I had my choice, I'd rather be surrounded with people I love, have my warm half of the queen size bed, and be fed turkey or chicken every day. We watched a shelter dog tv show this morning. It was pretty interesting. Lots of sadness but then that was offset by so much happiness and love, so it all worked out.

Just checking in, Dear Diary. Nothing important happened today. Just the usual. I have to concentrate on not barking so much when strange people come into our office. Not to everyone, but to some people and I don't know what it is about them but they bring out the worst in me.

Ah well....such is life.

G'night all.

Mary-Margaret

No comments: