Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lemon Cake etc.

Today I ate lemon cake. First, a little taste, then another...another....!! Yum. One of our clients brought us a lemon bundt cake yesterday to say thanks for doing a good job. Everybody got a slice but me. I got a piece that someone dropped. Today, Mom let me have a few pieces especially for me. I threw up an hour later, but that's not the point. The point is....it's nice to be invited to share, but next time I'll know better, and say "No, thank you! I'm on a diet!", and let it go at that. If you ask me, Mom would be well off to do the same. But I won't say that. Uh uh! Not meeeee!

So this afternoon, Sonia was looking for her pen. She noticed I was racing myself back and forth between her office and Moms. "Mary-Margaret, what ARE you doing?", she asked. I kept going zippity-do-dah and finally she said "Aha! So YOU have it!". She started to reach for it, but I zipped back to Mom's. Mom said "Drop it!", so I did. Mom picked it up, but she was busy and Sonia was busy, and finally Mom said "Oh, here, Mary-Margaret. Go give it to Sonia." So I did. Wow....did they make a fuss over me or what? You'd think I'd just saved the world from being hit by an asteroid or something. "Goooood Girl, Mary-Margaret!", they said. Over and over. I think maybe my job description will be slightly altered. I am also a good "delivery puppy" or "cur-ier". (lol)

Tomorrow, it's T.G.I.F. I can't wait.

Love, Mary-Margaret "Zippity Do Dah" O'Brien

No comments: