Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dear Grandma....


Sometimes I just don't have anything special to write about. Like this morning, I just lazed about while Mom was reading a book. When she got up to pour herself some more coffee, I took advantage of the moment to hop into a nice, warm chair cushion and stretch out a bit.

A while later I wanted to play and she was "shushing" me, so I accidently chomped down hard on her thumb. She was talking to Colleen at the time and hollered "OW...that HURTS, Mary-Margaret". Then she showed me what I did and said "Now you kiss and make better.", so I did and I guess I'm forgiven. I just get carried away at times, you know? Mom and Colleen are going to Munich, Germany next year.

I really REALLY want to come see you and GrandPapa - I even remembered that's what he wants me to call him. Mom says maybe during the week we can take off some time and come up to Santa Monica if that's ok with you. I absolutely promise that I'll be everly so well behaved. Honest I will.

This coming up week isn't too good, though, because Mom is taking her car in on Monday so the back door can be fixed. And THEN she was told that she might have to testify in a criminal case on Thursday. The DA called her yesterday. Some guy assaulted one of our servers a few months back, and the same guy was pretty nasty with Mom about 12 years ago. He even told her he would kill her if he ever saw her again. She says he's dangerous to others and to himself if he's still being rude like that.

I try not to worry about her. She's pretty cool with people and most everybody likes her and is nice to her. There are just a few who don't understand (like she says) their "5th and 14th Amendment Rights". Too complicated for me.

Love and kisses from your FAVORITE grand-dog....

Mary-Margaret

PS to Grandma: Mom says if you want to answer back to click on the "comments" button. Then, say you want to be "anonymous" by marking that spot and you won't have to set up a blogger account. Just please sign your name when you're done with your post so I know it's from you, ok? MM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary-Margaret,

I can't believe your Mom and my Mum like the same authors. Mum says that's really uncanny. You and I have SO much in common (right down to our groomers having the same name) and it seems that our Moms have a lot in common too. Of course, I kind of figured that out a long time ago - after all look at how they are with us, they are definitely kindred spirits in that respect, don't you agree?

I'm a little worried about your Mom having to testify on Thursday. I think she is VERY brave. There are some pretty scary people out there.

It sounds like you're going to visit your Grandma soon. That's so great. I bet you'll have a lot of fun. My Nana is coming to visit us on June 12th so I'm really excited too. She really spoils me when she is here. She is missing Pallino so much she says she's going to need lots of extra cuddles, and I'll be only too happy to oblige of course.

Mum's excited because June 12th is her Birthday so my Nana is actually arriving on her Birthday. I think that's pretty cool. Dad's Birthday is on June 10th so Nana says she will take them out for dinner. Of course I won't get to join them will I? It's not really fair. Mind you, I shouldn't complain, Nana spoils me when she's here. It doesn't take long for her to go to Petsmart to buy me some treats and new toys.

Well I think that's all my news for now. It sounds like you're going to have a really busy week. Keep in touch with us all if you can.

Love,
Sarabi