Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Absolutely TERRIFYING experience

Well, you KNOW how I like to ride in the car and I always stand up in my carseat. I even lean forward when I want the car to go faster. Mom's always saying "Sit down, Mary-Margaret!" but that's no fun. I can hardly see the tops of the trees if I sit.

We were out serving papers today and she almost missed a turn. She stopped pretty quickly and next thing you know, I am flying. I mean FLYING like a bird. Right out of my car seat, and I do a loop and land on the floor of the car. I don't know if I'm alive or not, so I just stay there, crouched down, not moving a muscle. Mom says "Mary-Margaret? Are you OK?". But I'm afraid to move. I just don't want to move anything at all. I'm frozen stiff. Nothing hurts, and I sort of skidded on the Thomas Brothers map book, but ohmygawsh, it was SOOOO scary.

Finally, Mom reached down and picked me up and then I dug my nails into her like I NEVER EVER want her to let me go, and I climbed her like a tree. She cuddled me and checked for "OWies" and checked my stitches and when she didn't find anything out of order, she put me back in my car seat. She kept saying "Oh, you poor little thing!" and stuff like that. I was more scared than anything else. But the good news is, I got another chicken breast all to myself tonight.

Remember, you guys! NEVER EVER STAND UP IN YOUR SEAT. It's just not safe, and it's not worth getting a chicken breast for, either. You could really get hurt badly.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: