Sunday, April 02, 2006

Aloha!! Mom's FINALLY home!


Boy, did I get an earful last night. About not writing. I guess I deserved it. It's just that I was having such a good time at Auntie C's that I didn't want to stop. Then, when I did stop it's only because I crashed from being so tired from having fun. You know?

Anyway, so Mom gets to Auntie C's about maybe 10:00PM and I hear this knock on the door and Auntie C picks me up and here's this kid. Oh, OK, I figure. No big deal, but isn't it a bit too late to be selling stuff? And then I look past him and here's my MOM with a big old grin on her face. I tell YOU! I was so happy, my tail almost got out of joint from wagging, and I just couldn't wait to get to her. I just about leaped out of Auntie's arms. First, I started to tell Mom off because I was a bit miffed that she left me. But by the time she gave me a kiss I forgot all about being mad and started kissing her all over. I even "widdled" just a bit from the excitement. She says she's lucky to have any skin left on her cheeks after I got through kissing her.

Oh I am so happy she's home. I don't want to let go of her even for a minute. But then I see Uncle Rudy and I run over to him. And then Uncle Jason calls me and I hop into his lap and give him some kisses. And then, Colleen, my Auntie C. And then I find out that the kid isn't selling stuff, and he's my cousin, Cade. So I go and give him all kinds of kisses too.

Cade takes a couple of pictures of me and tells me he loves me. I guess I must be falling for him, too, because when Mom and I leave, I absolutely have to kiss him goodbye. Finally, Uncle Jason puts my car seat into Mom's car and I am so happy I can hardly contain myself. I stand up and look forward, and start leaning into the front of my seat, telling Mom to hurry up and let's go. We are going HOME!!!

Oh yeah...and then I remember to ask her about Hawai'i. But before she finishes telling me about mongooses, volcanoes and rain forests, I fall sound asleep and don't wake up until we turn into our drive way. This is a picture of Mauna Loa with snow on it, she says.

Today, Sunday, I slept in and just didn't even want to get out of bed but the clocks got set forward so it was an hour later and I had to. I gave Mom some more kisses and cuddles. After a bit, though, I kinda started missing my Uncle Rudy and the kids. There's always something going on at their house and it's so quiet at mine. I must have whimpered out loud because next thing, Mom says "Mary-Margaret? Do you want to watch 'Animal Planet'?". I'd forgotten about that. I don't want to disappoint her, but I actually got into basketball this past week. I wonder if I can figure out how to work the remote?

Love and kisses,

Mary-Margaret

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell how happy you are that your Mom is home. I know the feeling! No matter how much fun you had while she was away (and it sounds like you really had a great time), there's nobody quite like your own Mom when it comes to hugs and kisses and cuddles, is there?
You know what though, no matter how much fun SHE had, she missed you just as much, so in the end it's even I guess.
I'm really glad you're back home, I have missed hearing all your adventures. It hasn't been the same this past week, without being able to check in with you.
Love your pal
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Dear Sarabi - Mom said she didn't bring me a present from Hawai'i but I think she was just kidding me. I found this absolutely neatest thing in her bag and I KNEW right away it was MINE MINE MINE. It's a white net type thing all gathered into a ball with a big string like a shoelace on the end of it. Mom thought it was for using in the shower, but I know better. It's for MEEEEEE! And I love it!

I missed you too, Sarabi. I really like being pen pals with someone who totally understands me.
I overheard Mom talking yesterday and I think I'm getting a "little surgery" this week. I don't think I mind if I get to see Dr. V and my friends at Pet Medical Center. I know they will take good care of me, but still I'm a little "sceptical" about this. This means a bit suspicious but I didn't want to use that word, you know?

Love, Mary-Margaret

Anonymous said...

I think I had the same 'little surgery' when I was about 5 months old and all I can really remember is that I got lots of extra love and hugs and kisses from Mum, although I'm not really sure why. I mean I felt fine, I was just a little extra tired, but when I figured out that if I just played it up a little, I would get so much extra attention and even extra treats, I thought why not, so I spent a couple of lazy days curled up on Mum's lap. After that though there was no stopping me! I mean, how long can a young pup sit still anyway, I ask you!
One word of advice, make sure your Mom gets some extra Charlee Bears in before your surgery, maybe even some of those cheese and egg ones if you don't have any yet.
Let me know how you are ok? I'll be thinking about you.
Love
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

I absolutely DO like your suggestion about the Charlee Bears. I've been wanting to try those egg and cheese ones ever since you told me about it. I'll see what I can do.

Love, Mary-Margaret

Anonymous said...

Maybe. . . Mary-Margaret will get to go on the next vacation!