Saturday, April 08, 2006

Checking out!

This is me, Mary-Margaret O'Brien, checking out of the hospital. Nurse Megan and Nurse Jessie are giving my tummy the final clean-up before Mom takes me home. I keep making noises so Mom asks if I can please have some water? I drink almost a whole bowl full. Then she hears my tummy growl and is surprised to find out that I didn't even get breakfast. I would have except she got there the same time everybody else did, and nobody had time to FEED me.

Miss Letty brought me out a bowl of the yummiest stuff ever and I absolutely inhaled it. Whoever said hospital food was yucky never had a bowl of A/D Feline-Canine prescription diet. YUMMM! I even asked for seconds, and got another big bowl full. I tried for another THIRD helping but Miss Letty said "No". (sigh) Mom did, at least, ask if she could take a couple of tins home for me. Miss Letty explained that it was for us pups who had surgery and was pretty high calorie, not that I have to worry about my weight. She said Mom should mix a tablespoon or so of A/D with whatever I usually have.

Mom was ever so gentle with me. I think she was afraid to hold me for fear of upsetting my staples. Finally, she picked me up and she's been holding me mostly ever since we got home. I have been inside my kennel a couple of times, but I really don't care to be there. I'd rather be on Mom's lap or on her chest napping. When she first came into the house with me on the leash I immediately hopped onto the hassock and got yelled at. "No NOOOO, Mary-Margaret. You're not allowed to hop anywhere.", and she has had me in her arms ever since except for a couple of potty breaks.

Sarabi was soooo right. We DO get lots of kisses and cuddles. I also got a new "Flossie", which is a dried beef tendon, a brand new HUGE bag of Egg & Cheese Charlee Bears (which I was so hoping for!), and a new pink leopard print jacket with a hood on it. I can't wait to put it on.

In two weeks, I go back for a check up. I don't feel too bad, really. Just sleepy and relaxed. Maybe it's the stuff they gave me to keep me calm? Val...val....something. Dunno. And pain pills. But so far, I don't need anything. (yaaaaaaaaawn) Going back to sleep now.

G'night, everybody. Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I know they helped a lot 'cause I feel pretty fine.

Love, Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, I told you you'd get spoiled. It's not so bad really is it, all things considered. I'm glad you've finally got some egg and cheese Charlee Bears too. Aren't they yummy? They really are my favorite.
Mum wanted to take some photos of me today (I'm looking quite spiffy after my trip to see Sharon yesterday) and I didn't really want to cooperate, but then she brought out the egg and cheese Charlee Bears. Blackmail I tell you! Oh well it works! Mum got some great photos and I got some extra treats so I think we're both happy.
I am so glad you're home. Plus it sounds like you're not feeling too bad which is great. I bet your Mom is really happy to have you home too. She probable missed you so much last night.
Now remember to take it easy for a few days.
Love
Sarabi