Saturday, April 29, 2006

I really don't like to complain, but....

...I'm going to ask Mom to get a different stylist for me. This is the SECOND time that my personal groomer clipped me way to close in ...er...um....a sensitive place. Let me put it like this. Mom says it's like she gave me a full bikini wax. I mean there is NO FUR left and it's really itchy. Also I had this headache all day that would NOT go away. Finally, at Puppy School when I'm trying to work and take care of the kids, Mom and Sandy (Java's mom) worked really hard to get that absolutely most STOOOOPID bow out of my hair. I mean to tell YOU....it was pulling so tight my head was turning pink.

Once I got rid of that, I felt absolutely wonderful. I even taught that new kid, Sky (a baby weimaraner), that it's not nice to grab someone's head in her mouth or bite other kids' legs. She listened to me. I'm really good with kids, you know. But between my private itchy place and my top knot, I was a wreck.

Some people just don't think of us little dogs as caring, feeling beings, too! That's one of the reasons I like to keep up on my blog, is so that folks will remember that we are not just "livestock", or a "possession". We are sensitive, loving, and loyal little people and deserve to be treated as such.

OK...off my soap box for now. Time for bed anyway.

Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary-Margaret,

I know exactly how you feel about the bow in your hair - it is SO uncomfortable! Well just for once, Daniel and I actually agree on something. In fact, he solved THAT problem for me once and for all, a long time ago. I don't get a bow anymore when I go to see Sharon. Daniel decided when I was just a little puppy, that it was just too embarassing for his friends to see his dog with a bow. So whenever I came home with one, it was promptly removed, much to my relief I might add. Mind you, Daniel's embarassment is also the reason I don't ever get to wear any clothes like you do. Of course, I might find that quite uncomfortable too, since I've never been accustomed to it, and I think I'm a little too old to start now - you know something along the lines about teaching an old dog new tricks. Mum and I think you look adorable however in all your outfits, and we had a lot of fun choosing the little shirt we sent you after your 'little surgery'.

In case you're wondering why I'm typing this so late - yes it's 1 am here - Mum can't sleep, so of course she's keeping me up. I thought I might as well send you a little note to keep me occupied. Mum will probably end up reading her book for a while, which is what she usually does whenever she has trouble sleeping. Mum LOVES to read. I think I'll just snuggle up right next to her. It's not too bad then really, because I'm quite content when Mum and I cuddle like that - I know you understand just what I mean. As she reads, she usually keeps one hand on me, until she needs to turn the page, and she strokes me most of the time of course. It's quite heavenly.

Well, I'm ready for Mum to pick up her book - ciao (as they say in Italy) for now.

Love,
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Dear Sarabi and Mum - What kind of books do you like to read? My mom likes James Patterson, Jonathon Kellerman, Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovitch. She's reading a Mary Higgins Clark one now. Pretty much a couple of pages at a time, though. Everytime she gets all snuggly, I start hopping about because I want to PLAY PLAY PLAY. I do love to cuddle, though, but sometimes I also like to yank her chain, if you know what I mean. :o)

Love, Mary-Margaret

Anonymous said...

Good morning dear Mary-Margaret,
Your email of where you teach the small kids in puppy class is wonderful to hear, especially from one of your trainers. We never forget you dear Mary-Margaret, and we're proud of you. Just keep your teeth off the human's skin. We don't like that very much. xoxox, Miss Lois