Thursday, April 06, 2006

Did Mom think I forgot Puppy School?

About 4:00PM, Sonia called over to Mom and said, "Ahem? Do you think Mary-Margaret is waiting to go to Puppy School?" Well, of course I was. I don't forget these things and I don't even own a calendar OR a watch, though probably I should. I had been sitting by the door to our office for about 15 minutes, and when Mom didn't come get me, I stomped into her office and just stood there glaring at her. She said "Oh, Gosh! I totally forgot!". Hmmph! It's a good thing one of us has a good memory.

All my friends were there and I met a couple of new kids. It was officially my last Puppy Class, but Miss Letty says I'm invited to be a mentor. That would be nice. I'm very good at making the new kids feel comfortable, and I really DO get along with everyone.

I'm have my "coming of age" tomorrow. You know, my "little surgery"? Mom told Miss Letty it was sort of like my Bat Mitzvah. I swear, my Mom comes up with some weird stuff. Bat Mitzvah indeed! We're not even Jewish. Anyway, I have been saying some prayers to St. Francis. And yes, I'm just a little worried. I just can't wait until it's all over and I can go home again. But not until Saturday. Tonight I had a whole half a chicken breast all to myself as a special treat, sort of like a going away party with me and Mom.

I guess I won't be writing tomorrow, but I promise I'll let you know how things are on Saturday or Sunday, depending on how I'm feeling.

Love and kisses...

Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to send you a message last night but Mum's computer crashed - it was so frustrating, I had already dictated what I wanted to say to you and we were about to push the 'Publish Your Comment' button when the screen suddenly went blank and then everything just shut down! I was so worried you would think you weren't in my thoughts and prayers and I had wanted you to know that we were all going to say extra prayers for you last night before we went to bed - Mum and Dad too.
Anyway you'll be home before you know it and your Mom will be spoiling you rotten, I just know she will.

Do you think you could ask your Mom to post a message on your blog for you later today to let us know how you're doing - I know there's nothing to worry about, but I'll be worrying about you anyway until I know you're fine, it's just the way I am. Mum says I take after her, she's just the same, she worries about everything.

I'm going to the groomer's today. I love Sharon (my groomer) but I don't really enjoy the whole process so I'm not looking forward to my day . Plus it's pouring with rain and they say we're going to have some terrible thunderstorms and I know it's silly but I'm terrified of thunder. I mean really, really scared. I usually end up sitting on Mum's head which she complains about - something about not being able to breathe. Oh well, I know this all seem very trivial to you today and I guess I feel kind of guilty for sharing with you but I thought it might take your mind of things and I know you really understand me.

Don't forget you will be in my thoughts and prayers all day, Mum says hers too, and Dad says not to forget his also. I guess we've got you covered on our end!

Love
Your pen pal
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Thanks, Sarabi. I really appreciate that. It's 7:11AM and Mom's just getting us ready to leave. I'll ask her to let you all know how I'm doing.

LOL about sitting on your mum's head. That's a great picture for me to go to sleep with. If nothing else, that mental image will get me through all this.

Love,

Mary-Margaret