Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Gang's All Here!

Dolly, Moses, Peaches, Jake and a couple of new kids, Matty (Cairn Terrier) and Bentley (Welsh Terrier), were all there. It was just like old times. Dolly (the Yorkie) is a real speed demon. She makes me look slow, if you can imagine that. She's like "whooosh-ti-whoosh zippity-do-dah" all over the place. Moses has a new brother named Nathaniel (Yorkie), but he's too little to play with us yet. So he just stayed inside his little carrier and watched all us big kids.

This was Thursday, and I just forgot to tell you. I got my stitches out and THEN went to Puppy School. Mostly I just mingled, not playing with anyone in particular. I know I have a big responsibility, as a mentor, to make sure everyone has a good time. I sure know that I did.

After about a half-hour of playing, I was getting a bit tired. So Mom picked me up and I waved goodbye to everyone. This was my first time back after my "little surgery" and it was a bit much for me, I guess. I should tell you that Peaches is a new man (so to speak) and didn't even try to grab me around the waist. It turns out he had HIS "little surgery", too. :o)

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well in the end, Mum just had to take me to the 'dogtor' and it was a good thing she did. By the time we got there around 2pm, I was really lethargic and in no shape to do anything at all.
Dr Saldua is a really nice lady vet from the Philippines and it didn't take long for her to figure out exactly what was wrong with me. I think she's very smart. It turns out I injured my back, probably sometime last night, jumping off the couch or something. She could tell because when she examined my spine it was obvious that I was in pain when she touched a certain spot. Not only that, she immediately noticed that although I was still putting weight on my right front paw, I didn't do it until after I allowed it to rest on the ground for a short while first. She said that meant that the pain from my spine was radiating down my leg.
Anyway she wanted to do some x-rays to confirm her diagnosis and Mum had to leave me there for a couple of hours which I really did not like. They had to sedate me too for the x-rays because I was a little upset. I'm glad Dr Saldua wanted to do the x-rays though because it was nice to know that she was right. In fact I have 3 compressed discs right above my shoulder blades - OUCH!!! Mum and I looked at the pictures with Dr Saldua and actually it was pretty cool.
The good news is that I am feeling much better. One of the nurses gave me a shot (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, whatever that is!) and suddenly I was bouncing all over the place again! Dr Saldua also gave Mum some pills to take home which I will have to take for a few days.
The bad news is that from now on, I am going to have to be very careful not to jump around too much and I know that's going to be hard. sigh.....I know you know what I mean having just gone through your 'little surgery'!
Anyway, I am still feeling quite tired so I think I am going to snuggle up with Mum for the evening.
Love,
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Oh my gosh, Sarabi. I am soooo very sorry that you're feeling poorly. I hope you got that link I sent you a while back about pet stairs? Did you? If not, I'll ask my mom to hunt it down. But that might make it easier for you to get on and off the bed, don't you think?

You are in my prayers tonight. Did I mention that you're one of my best friends?

Love,

Mary-Margaret