Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My "Coming of Age" & Mom at the Groomer

I am now a "big dog". I got a rabies shot today and only big dogs get those. Dr. V said I can't do the other stuff yet because I still have all my baby teeth, but I'm still a BIG dog. Sorta. I got weighed again and I'm STILL 4.4 pounds. I have NOT gained even one ounce since last week, but maybe if I just eat a little more, it'll help.

Oh, I had a surprise today. Usually, I get baby-sat if my mom goes someplace special for grown ups only. But today, I got actually INVITED (if you can believe it because of my reputation as heck on wheels), I was IN-VI-TED to go with my mom to her groomer. She calls it a "hairstylist" but anybody with a brush, scissors and a blow dryer is a groomer to me.

Usually, I'm all over the place, but today I just sat in Mom's lap for almost two hours and didn't even try to go anywhere. Miss Laura, who does Mom's hair, is so awfully nice and kept calling me "Cutie Pie" and "Sweet heart" and stuff. How could I NOT be good? Anyway, I guess even Mom noticed because she gave me treats for absolutely no reason at all. My absolutely favorite liver crackers "Just-because-you-are-so-good" treats. I was even nice enough not to laugh at all the tinfoil in Mom's hair, but it looked pretty funny. She looked like a space alien to me. Of course, I don't tell her that.

I think I like Miss Laura and the place with all the funny looking ladies and the weird smells. I hope I get to go next time, too.

PS - I was also absolutely PERFECT today and not even one eensy-weensy accident.

Love to everybody from ME, Mary-Margaret O'Brien, grown up dog!

1 comment:

Freda said...

Hey Mary-Margaret,

Freda here. Just found your bog. Neato! Lots of cute photos. I like the jammy photo.

Congratulations on achievin' Big Doghood. Those rabies shots hurt, don't they?

Glad to have found your place on the web. Keep up the good work.

Woof!

Freda