Sunday, February 05, 2006

Dinner at the Mantle tonight!

I guess it's going to be one of those days. I just can't seem to keep out of trouble. I got one of Mom's new expensive shoes that she was going to take to Hawaii with her and sort of got carried away. Honest! I just meant to sniff it a bit and the next thing you know the cork heel and the leather insole is just sort of coming off in little pieces. Anyway, it wasn't a happy occasion when I got caught. I don't think I'll be able to sit comfortably for a while.

Maybe if I save my allowance for a gazillion years I can buy her one new shoe? Except then I suppose she'll want to have Uncle Michael's rocker refinished, and new carpet in the dining room, and a new silk ficus tree to replace the one I've been munching on.

Life just isn't fair.

(sniff)

Mary-Margaret

No comments: