Thursday, February 09, 2006

Puppy School Updates

Today, I got there late. I was looking forward to it all day. I even wore my new pink "Wild Thing" shirt and my new spring hat. About 3:00PM, I sat right in front of the door so I'd be ready to go. But Mom had an appointment at 4:00PM who was late, and at 4:10 finally she said, "I'm not waiting. Mary-Margaret has been looking forward to this all day". And she walked right out the door with me.

Garrett Anderson was there and he was really having a good time. Then, he got a bit wild and actually sassed Miss Letty, so she gave him "time out". Except he doesn't take too kindly to being told what to do, so he bit her. She was cool, though. She just put a lead on him, took him inside, had a "heart to heart" talk with him, and when they came back outside, Garrett was wearing a little blue muzzle.

Miss Letty sat down with him and gave him scratches, and rubs and love. She said Garrett needed to learn that he wasn't going to get hurt when people and pups played with him. As soon as Dizzle heard that, he raced over and started loving all over Garrett. Poor Garrett. He will get even with Dizzle for that, but stuff happens when you're on a time out. Garrett will just have to learn how to get along with us other pups and not get put on "time out". Garrett always likes me. I'm probably the only pup he doesn't snap at any more.

Then Cooper came over, and Jake, and Trixie and they all started giving Garrett some loving, too. Finally, when Miss Letty took the muzzle off Garrett, he was pretty calm. Sort of exhausted like, and all the sass went right out of him. Miss Letty sure knows how to teach us pups lessons.

We came home and Mom gave me fresh baked chopped chicken for dinner. Oh, my tummy got absolutely huge. Then we watched "Animal Planet", and the First Annual Miss Dog contest. It was pretty interesting. I don't know how I'd look in an evening gown, but I tell you, some of those pups looked pretty classy. "Susie" from Missouri, a physically challenged French Bull dog, wore a red gown with a bustle, but "Sweet Pea" was the one to win the crown and wear the banner of "Miss Dog USA".

That's pretty much it for today. I work, I go to school, I play, I eat and I watch TV. A lot the same as you people do. Tomorrow, we go to work again, and then we have a three-day holiday. Sometimes it's just nice to kick back and relax, don't you think?

G'night everybody.

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick question... what did the tooth fairy bring you and did you ever lose that other tooth? Just wondering.
Love Sarabi