Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Wolf Within

Mom and I aren't really that into sports, like football and stuff. So on Sunday I got a really special treat. Mom turned on the "Puppy Bowl" for me. It's on the Animal Planet channel and let me tell YOU. It is really something. I sat bolt upright and watched every minute of it. I even joined into the group barkathons. My mom sure knows what I like.

Last night, we watched "Lucky does L.A.", which is about a little Maltese visiting the big city for her first modeling job. Whew. That's a lot of work, but I did see a puppy day care that I just loved. It actually had a swimming pool. There's even restaurants up there in L.A. (which means Los Angeles for those of you who don't know) that cater to us pups. And hotels with special pup menus, too. It must be the heavy duty lobbyists from the Hollywood crowd or something. They don't have anything like that here in Temecula.

Tonight, Mom turned on "Wolf Within". I found out that I am a distant relative of the wolf and that a lot of what I do has been carefully bred in me for hundreds of years. Funny to think that my great-great (x100) grandfather was maybe an Egyptian temple dog or a European hunter. I know my Uncle Sneakers used to catch mice, and he even found them for the pest control guy when mom lived in the country. I am sooooo impressed. Too bad I can't trace my roots back further than Missouri. At least I know my father and grand-father were of the Spicebush family, Dad being Dandy Agustus Bush, and his father being George W. Spicebush. May be Republicans, but I don't want to assume anything.

Mom says, if I want her to, she'll get out my pedigree. That's like a dog family tree so you can see who you are related to. Mom's got her's back to the 1300's on her fathers side, and probably the early 1800's on her mother's. I wonder how far back mine will go?

Oops. Time to go. I have to watch another show on working dogs, just in case I have to get a job someday. I really like learning.

Love and kisses,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: