Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Teddy - A Puppy Mill Rescue

This is Teddy, one of my new pals. He lives in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Somebody bought him from a pet store that got him from a puppy mill but he got sick. So his new dad didn't want him and took him back. He could have died, except a loving young lady and his doctor sat up with him all day and night for 4 days. He's only maybe 8 weeks old and weighs maybe 2 or 3 pounds. He's one of the few lucky ones that get saved.

His new grandma is Nana Allie, who was my Uncle Rudy's foster mom when he lived in Las Vegas. I know Teddy will be ok with her. What a sad way for a young pup to start out in life. I think there should be laws against puppy mills. I asked my Mom to ask Allie or Teddy's new mom to help Teddy do a blog about the horrors of the puppy trafficking, like an expose from the inside. It's just shameful and I think we should all do something about it. My Great-Aunt Susie was born in a home for unwed chihuahuas in Spavinaw, Oklahoma. Someday, I'll get my mom to tell you her story and how she was rescued from a life of dancing topless in a pet store window.

Good night and God Bless ...

Mary-Margaret Posted by Picasa

No comments: