Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sarabi - Where are you?

Dear Sarabi:

All my baby teeth except for the big sharp ones have come out. I don't have any more money yet, though. I hope you are ok because you haven't written for a while and I miss you.

My mom dropped my leash today and I ran all around the back yard trying to get her to chase me. She just walked into the house, opened the refrigerator, and got out a piece of string cheese. Then she said in her normal voice, "Mary-Margaret....CHEESE". Well, I heard "cheese" and I walked right into the house and then walked right over to it. Like, I know she is a lot smarter than me, but I just never thought that she'd use cheese to catch me. So when I got right up to the cheese, she stomped on my leash and reeled me in like a trout. I will have to remember that she gets sneaky sometimes.

But still, I do love her anyway.

Mary-Margaret O'Brien
Investigator-In-Training

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary-Margaret
I just read your e-mail and your blog and I'm SO sorry I haven't been in touch lately. My 'Mum' hasn't gone and left me again (YET), but she may as well have if you ask me. She is so busy preparing for her next trip, all we have time to do is read your blogs before bedtime and there doesn't seem to be any time to write to you. I hope you weren't too worried. My 'Mum' is leaving on Tuesday morning to go to London for 2 weeks to visit her family. I am NOT happy she is leaving again but at least this time Dad is staying home with me so I'm not too worried. I haven't been eating properly for a couple of days - I'm trying to make 'Mum' worry about me in the vain hope that she might decide not to go after all.
I'm glad you've lost most of your baby teeth finally. I also wanted to tell you to let your Mom know that my 'Mum' says we all go through the teenage 'stuff' and that you'll settle down in the end.
My Dad has promised to help me read your blogs while my 'Mum' is away and he has also agreed to help me keep in touch with you. He is a little worried however that he is not quite as good as 'Mum' at translating from puppy English to people English, so while she is away my messages might be short and sweet. At least you'll know I'm still alive and well! My 'Mum' says she will be looking forward to all the catching up she will have to do when she comes back.
By the way, we were surprised to read that your Mom has a 31 year old daughter, you make her sound far too young for that! My 'Mum' is 41 years old and my Dad is a young 57 (or at least that's what he says after all he's only 8 in dog years!) My 'Mum' has an almost 16 year old son Daniel, who treats me more like a german shepherd than a shih-tzu. Maybe it's because he had a german shepherd when he was little. By the way my 'Mum's name is Helen and my Dad's name is Don and I don't think I ever told you that I have a middle name too. It's Mae. So my real name is Sarabi Mae.Don't you think it's cool that both of our middle names start with the same letter?
Take care for now.
Love your pen-pal
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Gosh, Sarabi. Your mum is the same age as my Auntie Sissy from Minnesota, my oldest sister. She is married and has three sons, 15, 10 and almost 5. Her real name is Melissa. And my Great Uncle Michael is married to Janet from East Anglia area of England who has a son named Daniel who is all grown and still lives in England. I mean, that is so weird that we have so much in common. My mom says that she's not THAT old...only 8 1/2 in dog years. She says it sounds better to say it in dog years anyway. :o)

Love, Mary-Margaret