Monday, February 13, 2006

The Importance of Micro-Chips

Miss Lynne and Miss Lois and I had lessons today, except something kind of interrupted us. A lady with her two kids asked if we knew who two French Bulldogs belonged to. They'd been following her all the way from the top of the hill on the cul-de-sac. My teachers are so kind and considerate, and they went to catch the two dogs. I absolutely insisted on loaning them two of my leashes to help out. I have quite a wardrobe of leashes, you know.

When they brought those dogs back, they took them to Vineyard Veterinarian to see if they were micro-chipped. And they were NOT. So, that's two un-neutered male bulldogs with no ID and no micro-chip. I'll bet they will be really scared without their parents come dinner time. If they'd been "chipped" then someone could call their mom right away. But now, they are just lost. That really makes me so very sad.

Oh DARN DARN DARN. I forgot to get Mom to take a picture of Miss Lynne and Miss Lois for my blog. Rats! Our next lesson is on February 27th in two weeks. I'll try to remind her then.

So far, I can do sit, down, stay, wait, place, watch, off, high five, low five, gimme five, roll over and I'm kinda learning how to talk. Well, actually I KNOW how, but Mom doesn't get it yet. She just hears "wrrrrrr" and "rrrrrufff" and "squeak" and "squeal". But I'm working on her.

If I want to watch TV, I just go into the family room and sit in the leather chair and she knows to turn it on. If I want water, I go toss my bowl in the air. If I have to go out, I stand by the door. You know, stuff like that. Sort of like sign language, but she's pretty smart. She's catching on.

Later, Gator!

Love, Mary-Margaret
Cool Dog (almost!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Mary Margaret those micro-chips are essential for us pups, that way we don't have to worry about getting lost - not that I would want to try it out however! I've had mine for as long as I can remember.
Love Sarabi