Wednesday, February 15, 2006

After hours we get to par-tayyyy!

I just LOVE my job. I had so much fun today. It was really getting late and I had just absolutely put in the longest day. We went out serving people, greeting clients...you know, all the necessary stuff. Anyway, we get back to the office an Mom keeps saying "Hang in there, Mary Margaret" And "In a sec, Mary Margaret". You know, there's just so much a puppy can take.

First, I hid my dish. Mom went nutsy looking for it. She finally gave up after about 45 minutes. I mean, like it just went "poof". Then I kept glancing over at the rolling cabinet. "Oh, no....that's the one place I didn't look", she says. Hee hee..it's so hard to keep a straight face. So she goes over and rolls it back and sure enough, there it is. Oh my goodness, that was a good one on her. So then I started flipping my water bowl. I get absolutely soaked and the carpet is all speckled with water. "Knock it off, Mary-Margaret", she says. So then, I started having races with myself. Whooosh into the reception room, then Whooooosh, back into my office. Back and forth. I'm really cracking up. Mom caught me between dashes, just laughing up a fit. You can tell that I'm having a good time. I really like working. Every day is diffent. Different clients, different shoe laces, different smells. My life is good.

I am one of the luckiest puppies in the whole wide world!!

Tomorrow, I have Puppy School. I'll have Mom put the camera in her purse so I can get some more pictures of my friends. Then on Friday, I get to see Miss Patty again, and get my hair and nails done. Saturday, we have "deliveries" to make, and billing to do. I absolutely love my life!

Time for bed. Good night, and God Bless...

Love, Mary-Margaret Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was SO happy to see Sparky's comment about his belly button the other day - I'm glad he is doing SO well. In the meantime, I'm still looking for my belly button, but I don't think I've found it yet!
By the way, my mother Sadie had 8 puppies when she had me, and I was the only girl. Can you imagine that - 7 brothers? It was quite something I can assure you! How many brothers and sisters did you have Mary-Margaret?
I love to have races with myself too, usually around my dining room table. I can keep going and going!!!
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what your Mom does. I know what your job is, 'official greeter' right(?), but what about her? I'm just curious.
Anyway, I agree with you about being one of the luckiest puppies in the world. I think we both belong to that 'elite' club.
Love, Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Hi, Sarabi. Gosh..I mean, wow, you know how many brothers and sisters you have? I have NO idea. I....(sniff)...just have a pedigree chart thingy that shows my birth parents, and their birth parents. Now I'm depressed. I keep forgetting that I might have other birth family out there. I just think of my mom as my family. Perhaps I should do an adoptive search? Yes. I'll ask my mom.

You know, I'm really very proud of my mom. She's a private investigator and a process manager. She finds people and also lets them know if they are named in a lawsuit or needed as a witness. We go and deliver summonses and subpoenas and things. And if our clients don't know where these people are, we find them.

Meeting people is just my favorite thing, so it's the very best job I could have. I go with her all the time to help out and make it easier for her and for the people we make service to. She only does our local area herself sometimes, and she has lots of people that help her out all over the country.

By the way, I haven't found my belly button either, but if Sparky has one, then I guess we must have one too. I'll let you know where it is when I find it.

Love, Mary-Margaret