Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A "Crate" is NOT a "Fort"


Mom keeps saying, "Look, Mary-Margaret. Your teddy bear is in your fort." I am not naive, you know. It also looks a lot like something I saw on TV yesterday morning.

"Crate" is new for me. I was sort of hoping that it would stay in the box in the back of our car. No such luck. Darn! Miss Lynne put it together for me and then tried to tempt me inside with a big spoon of cream cheese. Unfortunately, Mom let me watch "Animal Planet" before Teachers got there.

See, there was this really big alligator in a lake and nobody could get him out. So the alligator trapper took fresh chicken and fresh fish and he put it both outside and inside a huge "crate". It looks just like mine, except they called it a "trap". Then they hung a piece of chicken from the top so that when the alligator tried to eat it, the door would snap shut. I learn a lot from "Animal Planet", and I haven't been inside my "trap" yet. But I have stuck my head inside to see what's up. And Mom put my dinner inside it last night. I sort of paced back and forth for a bit. When it seemed ok, I did stick my head in over to my supper dish. Funny thing is, it just happened to be chicken. What a coincidence? I don't think I ever ate so much so fast before. (urp!)

'Scuse me.

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

No comments: