Wednesday, March 01, 2006

One Day at a Time

Had my dinner tonight in the "fort" ("crate", "trap", what-everrrrrrr!). This time Mom put it way in so I had half my body inside and half out. I had chicken again, just like last night. I ate fast because I KNOW what's coming next. I saw that "alligator" thing. I swear, if I see a chicken hanging from the roof of my "fort", I'm writing to the ASPCA. It's not good for a puppy to eat so fast, I know, but I also don't want to end up like that alligator.

This morning, we did services. We had an appointment with one guy and we were supposed to call before we went to his house. We did...twice...and he didn't answer. So we went over anyway, and his mother said he was in the shower but would we like to come in? So we did. And we had a lovely conversation with his mom about this 'n that. About ten minutes later, all freshly scrubbed, he came out to the living room and boy, was he surprised. I think he thought we were from the cable company. Reluctantly, he took the subpoena and Mom wished him a nice day, saying good-bye to his mother on our way out.

I'm getting really good at my job. "Official Greeter" is my main title, but I'm also the official distractor when I'm needed.

"Animal Precinct" is on now. The Animal Police go and rescue pups who have been mistreated. One poor dog was killed for no reason except somebody wanted to do it. That was really sad to see. Mom keeps telling me that all people aren't nice and to be careful and stuff. I've never met anyone who wasn't nice to me, so it's kind of hard to imagine. I hope I never do.

Teddy got his pajamas. Now we can be twins. :o)

G'night for now.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Margaret, my mom has only been gone for two days and it seems like a lifetime. Don't get me wrong I love my dad but he's just not mom. Dad's really not into tummy rubs, and kissing me is just out of the question. The first night mom was gone I ate my dinner but last night I thought I would test the waters, it took dad sometime but eventually he broke down and gave me some treats while we were watching TV (even though I did not eat my dinner. I think I better start eating my dinner or I may be very hungry by the time mom gets back.
By the way I promise you will get to love your "Fort" the first night I arrived home with my mom and dad they put me in what they call a kennel (looks just like your fort) and I cried most of the night, by the second night I whined for about an hour, since then I could'nt be happier. When its time for bed I just walk over to mom's side of the bed and give her my litte (its time to go to bed whine) and she puts me down on the floor and I go into my kennel and mom gives me treat and a kiss goodnight and I'm asleep till morning.
Give it a chance I'm sure you are going to love it.
Well its time for my evening stroll to do my business and relax for the night, dad says we have to hurry so we don't miss moms call from London he says with the time change its almost 10:30 p.m. over there.

Your somewhat hungry puppy pal,
Sarabi

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Dear Sarabi - Oh what a great surprise!! I didn't think I'd hear from you for a long long time. I'm glad you can still use the computer.

So you call it a "kennel", huh? That doesn't sound so bad as some of the other things I've been calling it. Maybe I'll try it out, but my teachers told Mom to entice me to go in it. I'm up for bribes if they're worthwhile. We'll see how much mileage I can get out of this.

Do you have a back yard? I just LOVE mine. Today I found that the RUDE cat had left me a "calling card" on MY hill. Mom is going to squirt it away later with the hose. Oh pew! But I did try escargot kind of. Mom found the empty shell on her kitchen floor, looked at me, and went "EEEEYEEEWWW!!". Maybe it's not part of my diet?

I'm so glad to see that you're working your dad so well. Did you ask him for "Charley Bear's" yet?

Love, Mary-Margaret