Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday, 9/2/06

Slept in until I really had to go out. The best way to get Mom up is to stand on her chest and lick her chin. Works every time. I get out there and oh-my-goodness there are smells from all over. I am in absolute heaven. A few minutes later, her comes "the mom", telling me to get in the house. Well, I do NOT want to go. When is she going to learn I am not to be bossed about?

Ok...so she uses up all her tricks and then cuts a small piece of chicken breast off and walks outside in her bare feet, waving this under my nose. Well, sure it works. I follow her in, mesmerized by the aroma. The minute we get into the house she shuts the door and gives me my chicken. Am I too easy? Should I make her grovel? Naww....she's got a good heart.

So we snuggle down and watch some good TV, get up and go try some serves. People are just NOT home this weekend. We'll try again tomorrow. Watch some more TV...my tummy was a bit...shall we say...flatulent? I can't help it, but she says I gross her out. Opy....do you have any recommendations for me? Mints? Pepto Bismol? Anything?

I get one more potty break before bed...but I do NOT want to come back in. We do this power struggle thing. The lights to out, the doors slam. Hey...I'm tracking cats and I don't want to be interrupted. So it's like pitch black out and I start to get worried I won't be able to come in. Maybe I'm locked out for ever. So I sit on the patio about 2 feet from my personal door. And she says..."get in here". She forgot the "please", so I ducked around the corner of the house and sure 'nuff, all the lights went out again. Does she think I'm stupid or something? After I bit, I get scared and come in. She slams the door on me. Sometimes I think maybe she just doesn't care anymore if an owl or an eagle take me home for lunch.

Did I mention I saw the usual grey and white cat AND another one that looked just like him only really tiny? Somebody's got kittens, and I think maybe they're in the bushes on the other side of my fence. It's kind of cute, and I don't really think of it as a cat. Maybe someday we can be friends?

G'night everyone. Love and kisses...

Mary Margaret

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey there M-M,

Hmmmm - yes, wind can be a problem for us gals :-) I have heard that charcoal tablets can be a good thing as they absorb the gas - but I just prefer to stink out mum and dad, that way they won't forget me as my aroma lingers long after I have left the room :-)

Your mum was so lucky to go to Vegas - although not good for you being left behind - did I tell you my mum and dad were married in Vegas back in '99 by Elvis ? They had a ball and are planning to go back again soon.

Love
Opy