Sunday, September 10, 2006

After someone's gone....

...is when they're most appreciated. All the good stuff is said about them at their funeral. All the happy memories come to humans when it's too late to share. That's how my Mom felt when my Aunt Rose passed over to the Rainbow Bridge, and that's why she wrote that tribute to her, remembering the bits and pieces of time that she shared with Rosie. But it's hard to remember them all.

Mom helps ME with my diary every single day, even when she's tired, because she wants us to remember absolutely everything about our time together. See, if you share your thoughts and feelings WITH your friends and loved ones as they happen, then maybe when they go you're not quite so sad. And if you keep a diary or a journal, then they never really leave you at all. When you read the words and see the pictures of the times you've shared, it's like they're right there with you all over again.

I hope I never have to leave my mom, and that she'll never leave me. She cried a bit this weekend over stuff. Like about Massimo Rian Boothe and about Steve Irwin at the Rainbow Bridge. They weren't bad cries, though. Her heart was all full of lovey stuff and feelings for the people who had lost someone they love, and happy that the lost ones were truly loved and appreciated. See what I mean?

Anyway, for whatever reason, I got lots of hugs and kisses today. I even got some pizza but I threw it up in one clump. Not surprised, though. It was a Weight Watchers pizza. Those aren't supposed to be for puppies. I did manage to keep the popcorn down, though. Now I tell you, that's good weekend celebrating food. :o)

Always tell people and puppies and even crocodiles that you love them every chance you get. You never know when that last piece of lovin' will have to keep them warm on their forever journey because you never know when they're gonna leave.

Kisses and puppy love to all my family and friends...

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your diary entry today is beautiful! Sometimes Mommy's get sad and we do too. We don't ever want to leave our mommy.

We are sorry you got sick from the WW pizza :(

We love you Mary-Margaret and we will be friends forever and ever!

Love, Simon and Hallie

Anonymous said...

Your blog really touched my mom and I. My cat sister, Keda passed away recently so reading your thoughts really hit home. Chen Po, the pekingese

Anonymous said...

Mary Margaret,
You and your mom are soooo smart. Regardless of how we tell others to live their lives, we have a little bit of immortality in us, always saying that such things like cancer happen to that mystical someone else. And than one day it hits too close to home to be real and by than you have spent so much time saying later that its by than too late. I'm not sure if this comment made any sense and do apologize for the rant.

This is especially relevant today on such a tragically memorable day in world history.

Shannon