Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Still Grounded, but out of the Doghouse!

Mom rewired the network with new cables. She turned the main computer on and off several times, used some magic words (you know the kind I mean), and the last time she put it's boot on (she calls it "rebooting") she told the computer that if it didn't work then, she was calling in the Geek Patrol. I guess the computer knows how my mom gets when she's really mad, so it started right up and everybody could sign in AND use the internet. Everyone said "Yayyy!", including meeeee!

Now, I don't know if it was the "magic words" or the threat of the "Geek Patrol" that did it, but I DO know that I'm not being glared at anymore. I don't think I'll want to even taste ethernet cable again for a long, long time. Maybe not EVER.

I think "cold turkey" is the way to go with my addiction. I've just GOT to remember how I felt when I took the network down. (Yeah, baby!) No! No! (hee hee) ...just kidding. I don't like it when everyone's mad at me. Really, I don't!

Long day. Time to turn in.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: