Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!


I celebrated by going outside all by myself, no leash & no Mom, and.....and.....(sniff)....I just couldn't DO it. I've dreamed of freedom ever since I could walk, and when I finally got it I didn't know what to DO with it. So, I sat by the slider and just waited for Mom to let me back in.

She encouraged me to go out a few more times, but I hung back unless she went with me. She says she understands. Like when she first moved out on her own, all by herself into her own little apartment, she thought she'd kick up a storm and instead, she sat on the floor in the living room next to all the empty boxes and cried. She'd wished for so long to be out on her own and not to have to answer to someone, and when she could finally stay up as late as she wanted, or have a party or whatever, she didn't want to. She told me she was much harder on herself than even her parents were on her. Go figure.

Anyway...I decided I rather preferred being IN the house, behind the glass (so I don't have to tangle with those RUDE cats), and where it's air conditioned, and where my food and water is. I tell YOUUUUUU, do me and Mom have a lot in common, or what???

Love,

Mary-Margaret

PS - Probably a good thing Mom took this picture. She's getting out the steam cleaner now so she can clear off those slider tracks. (hee hee)

No comments: