Monday, July 17, 2006

Dang it! I got busted!


Hello! My name is Mary-Margaret! And I'm a "chew-a-holic"!

I really thought I could sneak a few nibbles every so often and no one would know. Sometimes, I would even skootch under Mom's desk, pretend I was napping, and just halfway roll over for a couple of gnaws. But it all came to an end this morning. I knew I had to face my addiction.

Sonia couldn't connect her computer to the network. She tried everything, and when she ran out of ideas, she followed the network cable. "AHAAA!", she said, and she called Mom. When me and Mom got the the office, I knew I was in a pickle. I slunk off to my office bed while Mom and Sonia found some more ethernet cable and got things back up and running.

(hanging head) Dear Diary, loyal fans, and adoring public. I hereby swear to you that I will rehabilitate myself, and that I will become an example for all young pups who find themselves with a similar addiction.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot chew; courage to chew the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Amen.

Mary-Margaret O'Brien
Recovering Chewaholic

No comments: