Saturday, July 01, 2006

Mom is ABSOLUTELY steaming MAD!!!

I told you about my little "mishap" at the groomers? How I came home limping and had a cut on the top of my head? Mom called Miss Patty, the owner of Country Kennels, and she was gone taking her son to the airport so he could be in Germany for a month. Being the nice person she is, she told Jackie not to bother her and to let her enjoy her day with her son, but to please ask her to call tomorrow.

No call. She waited...waited. Then she called again, and got put on hold for absolutely EVER. She finally started to feel grey hairs growing on her head, so she hung up and called the NEXT day. Again, Miss Patty wasn't "available" so she left ANOTHER message. This was yesterday, and so far NO CALL.

Now I tell YOUUUU, she wasn't even really mad at anyone because she knows (in her heart) that no one would deliberately hurt me. She just wanted to find out WHAT happened exactly, because I am still limping. And I have a scab on my head, but that will go away, only leaving another scar. I got cut the last time I went, too, and they know that!

She didn't think anything other than maybe it was an accident, and she just wanted to find out what happened so she could get me better. Now, she's beginning to wonder if they were negligent and maybe left me alone and I jumped off the table, or something worse. She's not going to go back there, and she's not going to get all legal and sue anybody. She says the most important thing is ME!! (Of course it is, I think!)

Still - she's not happy that they won't even show enough concern to discuss my little incident with her so she would know what really happened to me. That is most definitely NOT nice (and as mom says, so very UN-PRO-FESSIONAL!!!) Especially considering she's been so very loyal to Miss Patty, and given her so many recommendations. She's afraid maybe she's misguided some people and their pups to a place that doesn't care about anything except making money. If so, she's sorry, and will NOT send anyone there again, either.

Just in case you were wondering about me...

Mary-Margaret

5 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Not calling back is stupid.

I'd like you to get your mumsy to go on Judge Judy with the case. Judge Judy loves dogs, and you could be the star witness. Just something to think about.

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Thanks for the thought, Turbo. But believe it or not, my mom doesn't like confrontations. What with being a process server and all, she'd rather be nice and have people say "Thank you!" and appreciate her thoughtfulness than to argue with them. She says she'll live longer that way.

But I wouldn't mind burrowing into your big soft furry shoulder for a good cry later on, if you're not busy? I don't take up much room.

Love, Mary-Margaret

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey M-M,

That is completely UNACCEPTABLE !! How rude ! Do you need me to get Charlie to come on over and sort them out ?
Says to me that they know they have done something wrong if they won't call you back ! GRRRRR !
To borrow a phrase from Freda, I would leave them some pee-mail !
Hope you feel better soon !

Love
Opy

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Aw, I know, Opy. It stinks worse than a full garbage can on a hot summer afternoon the day before pick up. Thank you. Hey, how ARE you feeling? Get those durn stitches out yet?

Thinking peanut butter thoughts for you..

Love, Mary-Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary-Margaret, it's Sarabi. Please hurry up and get better, I hate to think of you in pain.

I can't believe that place hasn't called your Mom back. I have to agree with Opy, it sure makes them seem guilty of something.

The groomer's shop I used to go to, was owned by a lady who was not very nice. You know how much I love my groomer Sharon, well she used to work at a different 'salon' and then one day when Mum called to make an appointment for me she was told that Sharon was no longer there. As it turns out Mum had Sharon's home phone number (since she is also a dog sitter), so she decided to call her. Mum says she had always had bad vibes about the owner of the shop, but even she never imagined she was as bad as she was. Sharon was grooming a cat one day, and for some reason the cat bit her. Apparently the bite was very bad and it soon became infected and Sharon ended up in the hospital for 7 days on IV antibiotics. The owner of the shop didn't have workman's comp or anything (which Sharon wasn't aware of) and she refused to help Sharon with any of the medical bills. Of course in the end, to make a long story short, Sharon didn't go back to work there. She now works at a wonderful place called Biscuits and Bows. I wish you lived closer. I just know you would love it there.

Anyway, things are pretty quiet around here. My Nana went back to England yesterday morning so we are all a little sad. I used to take her morning tea to her every morning with Mum and I miss that little routine already.

Daniel went to his first concert last night and made it home safely, so Mum breathed a huge sigh of relief about that.

We are planning a quiet 4th, we have been so busy it will be really nice.

Love,
Sarabi