Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I deserve a raise!

Well, I do. I work hard and take my job very seriously. When Sonia leaves for court, I watch for clients. I bark "hello" and that lets Mom know that someone is here to see her. She comes out of her office and introduces me as "Mary-Margaret, our back-up receptionist". Whatever state of mind the clients were in when they arrived, I can tell you that they leave smiling and relaxed. That's my job. It's what I do. And I do it well.

Of course, it's not like I'd quit or anything if I didn't get one. Where else could I work and sleep all day? Hmmmm? And graze on kibbles whenever I feel like it? And get presents in the mail? And have really neat friends like Robert, the building handyman? And Pam, the UPS lady? And Linda, the building manager? I get biscuits from Robert, and lots of cuddles and snuggles from just about everyone else there.

Maybe I don't really need a raise. Heck, I'd pay Mom to let me work for her! And that's the absolute truth.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: