Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How was I to know it was Mom's DSL cable?

Today was a day for chewing. I think I need a 12-step program. "Hello. My name is Mary-Margaret and I'm a habitual chewaholic".

This morning, I reduced a bright pink pencil to a pile of splinters and I shredded paper into confetti. I started unraveling a rug, but that's a work in progress. This evening, I am removing paint from the stairway and the varnish from Uncle Michael's old maple rocker. Today, I found where the telephone and computer network cables are and had great fun playing with those. Mom's computer kept saying "Good-bye" and then "You got mail!" and then "Good-bye" again, depending on whether I was pushing or pulling the wires. I'm not quite sure I should be worried yet. She just hollered at me and said "Mary-Margaret, I'm going to tan your little fanny!". ("Heee heeeeeeeeeeeeee", I thought, "not unless you can catch me first!") I did do one good thing, though. I found a nail that Mom was looking for earlier when she was hanging our new 2006 calendar. I don't see what the big deal is. I was really enjoying nibbling on it but that's another "no no" thing to do. I gave it to her when she asked me to.

No comments: