Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday and Puppy Class 101

It was pretty dark and stormy this afternoon, and raining just a bit. Mom and I worked for a while before going to Puppy Class. We were wondering if it was still on what with the weather and all. Just in case, I dressed up and wore my pink "Desperate Housedogs" shirt.

First, Sandy and I see each other. We are just the best of friends. Because it was raining we hung out in the waiting room of the Pet Medical Center. Our moms kept us on leads so we played "Maypole". Pretty soon, Kobe got there and he was crying up a river. He got his toe stuck in the door or something, but as soon as he saw us he started playing, too. It didn't take long for the three of us to really make a good tangle. (hee hee!!!) I flipped on my back for Sandy and he started kissing my tummy a lot. I don't think I like having wet tummy fur, so I stood up and started boxing with him.

We went out side and pretty soon here comes Softie. And then Samantha and Sunny. And then Miss Letty let Mordecai and Benelli out, and it got really fun. Benelli just LOVES to play ball. He gets all excited and drools all over it and the little people persons have to put on rubber gloves to play. I got rolled into the mud a few times so Mom took off my shirt for the rest of the class.

When it was time to go home, Linda and Sue and Letty and Mom were talking and sort of forgot about us. So me and Samantha and Sunny ran to the corner of the yard up on the hill and had a club meeting. Sandy was invited but he stayed huddled next to his mom's ankles for a while. Once we started having races and tussles, he joined in. My mom thinks it would be fun to have a Puppy Class for us little kids. Just for us because, even though we have a lot of fun with the big guys too, we like to run around without worrying about getting chewed up or stepped on. I don't think about it too much because I can take care of myself pretty well, but maybe some of the other kids my size might like it.

You know whats really funny? Benelli! He acts like he forgets he's a big guy sometimes and he skootches under the chairs just like me. I think he's cool, but I wish....just once....that he'd let ME get the ball. That would be the very best thing that could happen to me in Puppy Class. Really it would.

Love, Mary-Margaret

PS - I need to remind Mom to take her camera next week. We've all grown so much I just have to show you.

No comments: