Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Mary-Margaret's Unfortunate Event

I am so good, I tell my mom when I have to go out (most of the time). Tonight, it was getting cold and dark so I wanted to go out before it really got chilly. I checked out the center part of the lawn, and then I ambled back over to the right side of the patio. I thought about whether or not to go in, and then figured, "oh what the heck, I'll make one more round".

I had JUST put my front paws on the lawn when suddenly, out of nowhere and without warning, and....THIS IS SOOOO UNFAIR....the automatic pop-up sprinkler suddenly popped up and sprayed me but good. Eeeeeeek! EEeeeeyeeeewww! Brrrrrrrr! This is another reason why carpet is so much nicer than grass when you are a puppy and it's cold outside. Mom just made some stupid comment about how funny I looked, being all wet. Then, I guess she knew I was pretty mad, so she said "Oh, baby, I'm so sorry!", but it was too late.

When I got into the house, I shook off all the water I could and then I ran upstairs and found her clean underwear and drug it all over the house. Finally, she got down on the floor on her stomach so that her head was lower than mine and we kissed and made up. I know that she didn't mean for that sprinkler to squirt me, but golly gosh gee whiz. I have feelings, too. And it scared me. It really did. But I also don't like it when Mom and I have a tiff, either. I know it wasn't her fault, but she could have acted like she cared a little more.

No comments: