Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I think I'm gonna die!

Wednesday - January 18, 2006. I got to go see Dr. "V" today. Oh big whoopee! I did all my tricks for Amy and boy was she impressed. I was all set to do them for Dr. "V" when I got jabbed. DHLP or something like that. OW OW OW. There's also a bit of ear wax in my left ear so Dr V gave my mom some drops. Then Dr. V and the other ladies started talking about Sierra, Dr. V's little bulldog and what tricks she could do. I heard the words "sit" and "down", so I did. How was I to know they weren't talking to me? I guess they saw I was waiting for a treat, though, because they all laughed and I got something nice put into my mouth.

So THEN it gets even worse. I'm sitting on the counter, playing with Tracy. She picks me up to hold me and then hands me back to Mom. Except when Tracy starts to cross the room, all of a sudden I start to take a nose dive off the counter and I keep going. Mom gets a little worried, grabs my little feet, and says "Hey, give me back my dog!" as I'm dangling between the counter and the desk. Tracy turns around and sure enough, my leash is tangled on her shoe. Oooops. I'm ok, but for a second there I felt like I was base jumping without a parachute. (I watch TV. I know what "base jumping" is!) Poor Tracy and Mom were so worried about me, but I was ok. This is another good reason why I shouldn't have to be on a leash, but try and tell Mom that. :o)

I felt a little better during the day but tonight it sure hurts. Mom tucked me in, with the covers under my chin. I like to sleep in her bed when I'm feeling punk. She says I'll feel better in the morning. Gosh, I sure hope so. This is almost as bad as when Mom stepped on my toe, so you know how much it hurts. I'm trying to be brave, and cry quietly so's not to bother anyone, but Mom can hear me whimper and she gives me gentle hugs and kisses. I DO love her. OK...time to say my prayers and go to sleep. I'll write more tomorrow. (PS - I weigh 4.2 pounds today! Pretty soon I'll be as big as Brutus!) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Margaret this is Sarabi in Chicago. I do hope you'll be feeling better soon. You look so comfortable all tucked in on your Mom's bed. I know how good it feels to get hugs and kisses from my Mom when I'm not feeling good. One of these days when I have more time I'll tell you all about myself and my family, but for now it's time for me to curl up on my Mom's bed to chew my bone which my 'well trained' Dad holds for me!Love Sarabi