Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Family Reunion - maybe?

Saturday - January 28, 2006: I just had the best day today. First, Miss Lynne comes over and we have lessons. I guess she didn't believe Mom when she told her I didn't like those "treats" anymore. Well, the first time she tested me on my tricks, I backed my mom up and spit it out Lynne's treat on the floor. She tried again, and I did my tricks just fine, but I DO NOT LIKE that stuff. So Mom gave her a package of string cheese. Like I said before, I will walk to the moon and back for string cheese.

I learned some new stuff today. Like "stay". That's a pretty good one. And "come", which I already knew but I take it a lot more seriously now. Oh, and "place". That one has me hopping onto my towel in exchange for cheese. Actually, I don't even wait for the command. I just go to the towel and wait for the cheese. Like, I am SOOO in charge here. Next time I get to learn "heel".

After Miss Lynne left we drove to Puppy School. Ohhhh...I just LOVE Puppy School. We turned into a parking place and I see a familiar face. Mom thought it was Dizzle, but I think maybe it's my sister from Missouri, another Yorkie just my size. We said "hi" through the car windows, and then kissed on the glass. We both went into the yard together and right away we hit it off. Her name is "Chelsea" and she's my age. Her mom can't remember her birthday, but we both were adopted through Pacific Pets about the same time. Even if she's not my sister, she's probably a distant cousin. I hope she comes back next week.

I met this absolutely cutest little guy named "Moses". He's half Lhasa Apso and half Shih Tzu. He's completely black except for a bit of white on his chin and a white bib. He's full of spunk and we stalk each other and wrestle a lot. One time we were having a wrestling match right next to Kobe and Cooper (the boxer pups). We both took a break at same time and then we started wrestling again. Except when we looked up, I was with Cooper and Moses was with Kobe. Ooops...regroup and switch partners. It was pretty funny. We all had a good laugh over that one.

I'm getting pretty big now. I'll be 5 months old in just three weeks. I've been going to Puppy School ever since November 26th, and I am probably going to graduate soon. I hope that my mom will get some of the other mom's phone numbers so we can have play dates. I sure will miss my friends a lot. I don't even want to think about it right now because it just makes me sad. If I had one thing to tell you, it would be to enjoy being a puppy while you can. It can be the best weeks of your life and you don't even know it until it's almost gone.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: