Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The "Kissing Place" and "Cool Dogs"


January 10, 2006 - Tuesday

This is my very special place. I keep my toys here when I'm not carrying them. Sometimes Mom finds her sandals here, too. It's a good place to hang out because people are either upstairs, downstairs, or going between places. Right behind me is where I stand to give kisses. That way, Mom doesn't have to bend down so far to get them, and I don't have to stand on my tippy-toes.

See my favorite toys? My ball, my yellow squeaky bone, my blue teddy bear from Auntie Colleen and Uncle Jason, my squeaky trout and my most favorite thing - my "chewie". It's pretty small right now because I chew on it a lot.

It's one thing I can gnaw on without getting yelled at. I still have my baby teeth and I absolutely have to chew something. Mom won't let me bite her fingers anymore but I still like them the best. (sigh) I wish she didn't always say "OUCH!" and "Cut that out, Mary-Margaret!" when I nibble on her. She won't let me pull her hair out any more either.

If I sound a bit depressed today, it's because I am. Mom's been talking to a "trainer" who told her that I can't be in charge anymore. I get 20 minutes to eat my kibbles and then Mom has to put it up high until the next meal time. I'm not supposed to have anything but kibbles now.

I used to have a lot of fun playing tag, too. I figured out how to get Mom to chase me. I'd (giggle tee hee) "squat" where she'd be sure to see it even if I didn't have to go. Then she'd yell "MARY-MARGARET!!!!" and I'd come running. Then, she'd reach for me and I dash off and make her chase me. We'd do this over and over and it was SO MUCH FUN. Lynne (the trainer) says we can't do that anymore if I'm going to be a "Cool Dog". (deep sighhhhh)

Lynne says that when she's done with me, I'll be a "Cool Dog" and (quote) "respond to at least ten commands". I wonder if I'll get a t-shirt or a badge or something. I sure hope it's worth it. Right now, I kind of feel like maybe nobody loves me anymore. (sniff)

I think I'll go into the garden and eat worms. (pout) Posted by Picasa

No comments: