Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My First Day of Lessons

I was right. No breakfast this morning, but it worked out ok. My teachers, Miss Lynne and Miss Lois, had plenty of treats for me. Oh YUM!! And all I had to do was what I do anyway. Stuff like sit, down, watch, wait and "ok", meaning OK I get the treat. They have a "clicker" that makes noise when I do something right. My mom is still trying to get it all down, but I can help her. My teachers told her that we should practice for 5 or 10 minutes two times a day, and that in a couple of months, she'll have it down pat.

Mom told them I sassed her sometimes by going "grrr" and "rrrrrruff", but really I'm just telling my mom I want to play. When we were all doing the "wait and ok" lesson, Mom thought I was being sassy. Miss Lynne had to set her straight. I just "burped" is all. That's what happens when you eat so much treat stuff. Ohhhh....I don't think I'll eat again for a long time. I am so stuffed. And it's sort of like pepperoni, so you just know I have to gulp a bunch of water, too. I don't think my mom knows that dogs burp just like everybody else. (hee hee hee...if I gulp a bunch of water real fast and take a big breath and hold it, I can make one really loud explosive burp that'll make everybody run for cover!)

I caught Mom sniffing my treat bag. I just hope she doesn't start helping herself to it. It's for ME! For Mary-Margaret O'Brien! And not for sharing, either! Just because another mom's husband made a sandwich out of it doesn't mean it's ok. I can't wait for our next practice. More goodies for me. Now I'm going to have a nap.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: